Sunday, August 31, 2008

First Posting

I have long been thinking about writing a blog although I have not been sure why. I suppose that it is in some ways a desire to have myself heard, and to give a place of residence for my eternal inner monologue. You know that voice, the one that is saying the things that you wish that you had room to say, or someone that would get into a discussion with you so you could spew out all those things that you wished someone would give you credit for and understand that you know what you are talking about. Maybe it's just me.

I'm also writing this because of my brother Scott, who has a fabulous blog that I admire. He's funny, he's witty and he has cool pictures that I am jealous of. I'm a big fan of his and I hope that he gets big and famous, because of the people I know that are doing things that will make them famous one day, he desires it least, and is therefore the most deserving.

I'm also writing this blog because I have a terrible time writing in my journal. I should write more and give openness and understand to myself, so that others who follow me will learn of my successes and will learn and avoid my failures.

I'm also writing this for all the people that I have lost contact with, or am not in enough contact with because of the unavoidable happens of growing older. And that is, we aren't in contact enough because my time and your time do not overlap. This is not to say that it isn't tried, or it's not something that I'm constantly working against, but it is simply part of life that there are those that you don't always get a chance to say hi to them everyday, or even once a month and sometimes all of those days and months turn into years and you wonder, "Where did everyone go?"

So this is for every one that I want to say something to, everyone that needs to hear and all of those people that I would love to hug and greet again.

Hi

3 comments:

Scott Morris said...

John,

1. Thanks for the compliment. What you don't know is that under this humle fasade are plans for world domination. Plans that are actually going quite well.

2. I like your sentence structure. recently I have become fascinated with the beauty of run-on sentences (I don't know why we were told to avoid them so much before, they really are cool). This post has a lot of them, and I like it.

3. Welcome to the web.

John D. Morris said...

really? You like my sentence structure? I don't really see myself as having a sentence structure, it's more of a unconscience mind-thought transfer through my fingers. I've always tried to just type how I think. It makes it should more natural to me, but one of the dificulties is that I tend to skip whole portions of my arguements because I skip past it in my head, and I lose people in the process.

Burt Family said...

Just found your blog today. I look forward to reading more and maybe getting to know a family member that hasn't really been part of my life. Hopefully, we can reconnect and let the miles and years be bridged.